Even though things aren’t quite ideal, Summer is here and there’s still ways to enjoy your time in the sun. Whether it’s laying out in your backyard, sunning yourself on your rooftop, or taking a socially distant stroll around the neighborhood, it all counts!
I’ve rounded up 7 of my favorite Summer essentials. I didn’t want to limit this post to just sun protection, so I’m also sharing products that keep my hair shiny and my skin glistening. Basically everything I would throw into my bag to enjoy a day at the beach.
- SUPERGOOP! PLAY Antioxidant Mist SPF 50 with Vitamin C – I’m starting with the obvious here. This sunscreen checks all my boxes, starting with all the UV protection I need, but with 35% less alcohol so my skin stays hydrated. It contains Green Tea Extract and Vitamin C to counteract and protect my skin from free radical damage, and Acai Extract which contains vitamins A, C, and E, and omega 3 and 6, and fatty acids. SUPERGOOP! is clean, vegan, and cruelty free. It gives my skin a healthy glow without being overly oily.
- SUPERGOOP! Defense Refresh (Re)setting Mist SPF 40 Mini – I use this to reapply sunscreen on my face, it’s specifically helpful when I’m wearing makeup. The rule of thumb for when in the sun is to reapply sunscreen every two hours, and that means your face as well! This mist is super easy to tote around with you in whatever size bag you choose. SUPERGOOP! is clean, vegan, and cruelty free.
- SUPERGOOP! Poof 100% Mineral Part and Scalp Powder SPF 45 – I can’t even begin to tell you how many times I’ve gotten an intense scalp burn, to the point where my skin blistered. I know it’s gross, but I’m doing something about it ok! This powder is perfect to absorb oil and also protect some of your most sensitive skin from the sun’s rays. SUPERGOOP! is clean, vegan, and cruelty free.
- MILK MAKEUP Glow Oil Lip + Cheek – This is how I fake my rosy Summer cheeks. Instead of letting the sun touch the sensitive skin on my face, I protect it with tons of SPF and fake a rosy summer glow with this stuff. MILK MAKEUP is clean, vegan, and cruelty free.
- LANEIGE Lip Sleeping Mask – The directions say to use it overnight, but I also use it when my lips need some extra hydration. This doesn’t contain any SPF so make sure that you’re using something else on your lips as well. LANEIGE is cruelty-free.
- VERB Ghost Weightless Hair Oil – Salt and sun can do so many weird things to hair. I recently started using this oil and they aren’t kidding, it’s weightless alright. It also doesn’t make hair greasy like other oils, so you can use as much as you want, it just makes hair super silky and shiny. Lastly, it’s a freaking great price! VERB is clean, vegan, and cruelty free.
- KOPARI Coconut Rose Toner – I’m a HUGE fan of rose spray. This product soothes without drying because it’s alcohol free. There are three main ingredients, coconut extract, rose extract, and witch hazel. KOPARI is clean, vegan, and cruelty free.
Ok now go have some fun in the sun. 🙂